The summit declaration approved and passed is as below:
We, the assembled city representatives, key government representatives, industry leaders, bankers, global experts, city planners, architects, builders and university professors - who work in the domain of 'Smart Cities' commit to take the following measures in the best of our capacity:
1. Support and engage in smart city initiatives, to complement the efforts of Govt. of India’s Smart Cities Mission.
2. Develop new and innovative models with the help of financial institutions to facilitate/contribute to and invest in smart urban infrastructure projects and initiatives.
3. Build the capacities of stakeholders and impart skills to young people on specific training courses that create jobs for managing smart infrastructures.
4. Facilitate site visits/smart city labs to develop a greater understanding of how smart solutions are put into practice.
5. Disseminate, share and exchange information, make new collaborations by regularly holding workshops/conferences with the aim of improving inter-city cooperation.
The delegates of TIA Summit-2017 has come to a common understanding of the importance in bringing smart solutions for cities in ensuring equitable city services and quality of life for all citizens.